2019 Tuvalu 1 oz Silver Marvel Series - Captain America Coin - Gem Uncirculated Condition
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Every coin arrives in a mint issued plastic capsule.
- The obverse features a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II along with the inscriptions "Queen Elizabeth II," "Tuvalu," "1 Dollar," "2019," and "1 oz 9999 Ag."
- Captain America is seen on the reverse in a power pose ready to head into battle with his shield, made of vibranium, raised high. Also on the reverse are the inscriptions "Marvel" and "Captain America" as well as the Marvel copyright.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government with a face value of $1.00 (AUD). Struck in .9999 fine Silver!
- Mintage limit of just 50,000 coins!
This coin is the sixth release in a Tuvalu MARVEL Series from the Perth Mint. Captain America is a Super Soldier as a result of an experiment dubbed Project: Rebirth, during World War II. He is also the alter ego of Steve Rogers. Project: Rebirth, an effort to create a perfect human/soldier to aid in the war utilizing strength, speed, stamina, agility, and intelligence, was successful but covered up near the end of the war. Steve Rogers was given his code name "Captain America" and was blasted into the cold North Atlantic waters during an enemy battle. He was never found and presumed dead, though in reality he was frozen in time and years later would be found and revived by the Avengers team.
Captain America recently starred in the Marvel Comics movie, Avengers: Endgame, along with other Avengers Superheroes that was released in April of 2019. The film takes place after the events of Avengers: Infinity War, from 2018, where the universe is in ruins due to the actions of super villain Thanos. Remaining Avengers including, Captain American, the Hulk, Black Widow, Thor, and Iron Man have to figure out a way to defeat Thanos and bring the planet and universe to its previous state.