2006 3-Coin American Silver Eagle 20th Anniversary Set
- Contains the Proof and Burnished versions of the 2006 Silver Eagles. And includes for the FIRST TIME, a Reverse Proof Silver Eagle!
- All coins come in mint capsules, with its box and certificate of authenticity.
- The obverse features Adolph Weinman's famous Walking Liberty Design first used on the 1916-47 Half Dollar. Also shown are the words "LIBERTY," "IN GOD WE TRUST" and the coin's date.
- The reverse features a heraldic eagle design. Above it are 13 stars, 1 to represent each of the original 13 colonies. Also found on the reverse are the words "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" as well as the coin's weight and metal content.
- Sovereign coins backed by the United States government each with a face value of $1.00 (USD).
In 2006, to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the beginning of the American Silver Eagle coin program, the U.S. Mint released a special 3 coin set. It features the Burnished and the Proof versions of the 2006 Silver Eagle, both minted at the West Point Mint. And, for the first time, a Reverse Proof finish Silver Eagle! The Reverse Proof Silver Eagle was struck with specially prepared dies with mirrored devices and frosted fields - the reverse of a standard proof coin. Unlike the other two coins found in this set, this special Reverse Proof Silver Eagle was minted at the Philadelphia Mint and can only be found in this set!