2013 Perry’s Victory and International Peace Memorial, Ohio. P Or D Mint Quarter Rolls - Uncirculated Condition
Perry's Victory and International Peace Memorial was established as part of the National Park Service by Franklin D. Roosevelt in June of 1936. The Memorial was constructed between 1912 and 1915 to honor those who fought in the Battle of Lake Erie, during the War of 1812, and to celebrate the long-lasting peace between Britain, Canada, and the U.S. The monument, a large Doric column, stands 352 feet tall over Lake Erie and is only 5 miles from the undefended Canadian border. The memorial not only honors Master Commandant Oliver Hazard Perry, but also three American and three British naval officers who were slain in the battle. While Perry is buried in Newport, RI the naval officers are buried at the memorial. It was first named as a national site on March 3, 1919.
The reverse of the quarter features a statue of Perry and an image of the Peace Memorial in the background. Also included are the inscriptions, “Perry’s Victory, Ohio,” “2013,” and “E Pluribus Unum.”
Our Perry’s Victory Quarter Rolls are shipped in plastic quarter tubes and are taken from original U.S. Mint bags. Your choice of P or D mint can be selected below.