2012-S 2-Coin American Silver Eagle San Francisco 75th Anniversary Coin Set
- Set contains 2 total coins each with 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Features a 2012 Silver Proof and Reverse Proof Silver Eagle. Both appropriately minted at the San Francisco branch.
- Both coins are encapsulated and come housed in its mint issued box with a certificate of authenticity.
- The obverse features Adolph Weinman's famous Walking Liberty Design first used on the 1916-47 Half Dollar. Also shown are the words "LIBERTY," "IN GOD WE TRUST" and the coin's date.
- The reverse features a heraldic eagle design. Above it are 13 stars, 1 to represent each of the original 13 colonies. Also found on the reverse are the words "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" as well as the coin's weight and metal content.
- Sovereign coins backed by the United States government each with a face value of $1.00 (USD).
- Total mintage of 224,935 sets.
In 1986, the United States Mint began the American Eagle program. Since that inaugural year, with the exception of 2009, the U.S. Mint has released a Silver Proof version of the coin. In 2012, the U.S. Mint released a special 2 coin Silver Eagle set to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the San Francisco Mint.